My name is Alan Deffenderfer. I help organizations become more efficient and lean using Agile principles and custom software development using FileMaker. Let me help your organization.
I come from a family of small business owners. I learned how effective management skills and the latest technology can help a business grow. I managed retail stores and various non-profit organizations where I developed custom software to help solve organizational problems all throughout the 90s and early 2000s.
In 2005 I founded ABD Enterprises when I moved to Maryland, where I have been a successful online merchant through Amazon and eBay as well as a database and business consultant who has worked with small businesses to Fortune 500s. I’ve developed and deployed a wide variety of FileMaker business applications that scale from a single user to enterprise environments with hundreds of users.
If you need someone to help you or your organization increase security, productivity, remove waste, and automate repetitive tasks, then you should contact me.
- FileMaker Security in the Enterprise: FileMaker Developer’s Conference, July 2017.
- Scaling Agile Smackdown: SAFe vs LeSS. APG Agilists Group, February 2017.
- FileMaker Reporting Tool: Native FileMaker Crosstab Reporting Using SQL, Virtual Lists and Native FileMaker Charting.
- Enterprise FileMaker Security: Tips for increasing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in your solutions. PhillyFileMaker User Group, June 2016.
- Agile/Scrum Project Management for FileMaker. FMPUG-MN User Group, May 2016.
- How Agile/Scrum can Increase Client Happiness (and Yours!). Pause On Error (Cleveland), March 2016.
- Introduction to Scrum. Application Management and Development Branch (Army Research Lab – Aberdeen Proving Ground), March 2015.
- Integrating FileMaker with Amazon Web Services. PhillyFileMaker User Group, 2009.
- FileMaker Business Alliance: FBAs consult with companies on their FileMaker deployment, build FileMaker solutions, provide training resources for FileMaker customers, publish FileMaker materials, and develop data-driven websites based on FileMaker.
- Scrum Alliance: To guide and inspire individuals, leaders, and organizations with practices, principles, and values that create workplaces that are joyful, prosperous, and sustainable.
- Project Management Institute: Project Management Institute is the world’s leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program and portfolio management profession.
ABD Enterprises specializes in custom FileMaker database development and can help your organization streamline business processes, improve workflow, and increase productivity. If you need help developing a custom business solution for your organization, we can help.